Cet amour-là

"Elle dit: non, ne pleurez pas, ce n'est pas triste, en rien, en aucun cas. Il s'agit de vous et de pas vous, oubliez votre personne, ça n'a aucune importance. Il ne faut pas se prendre pour un héros. Vous êtes rien. C'est ce qui me plaît. Restez comme ça. Ne changez pas. Restez. On va lire ensemble."

Yann Andréa

I am very fond of you

See, I didn’t mean to break my neck
I was just walking and the trees their beauty killed me
The changing light and the scenery and the knowledge of the sky
This idea of intimacy and the infinity
I felt so tiny

Do you know how strong the sweat of a horse smells
Have you already noticed the muscles?
The way their eyes look like a virgin child while their hips are all I ever wanted from a man
Do you think they feel with the flies in their eyes and all
Yet when they shiver and move swiftly
Breaking them it breaks me
I always felt nauseous on a saddle

The air is often chilly around four
That’s how you know when to turn round
But the sun in the sky kept on teasing me
I never wanted to be easy
The key is where the secret lies

Now imagine the rocks, the sky, the distance and my size
I was alone, the wind kept on mingling my thoughts
Summoning feelings, memories and ideas
I wasn’t happy but I’d forgotten the taste of pain
I wasn’t bored either I was slowly turning into flowers and leaves and soil and clouds
I didn’t know what was happening, I couldn’t name it
I wasn’t giving up I was letting go
Nothing mattered to me no more

The first thing I would go home
Switch off the phone take my camera a book a piece of paper
Record my voice saying that now I know

I didn’t shout
My heart didn’t pound
I felt very light
I knew my body would be spread on the ground

Dara Birnbaum


Aucun commentaire: